Whew, what a busy but fun weekend filled with a few firsts for Mr. Jack! Started things off on Friday with his 4 month check up at the doc. He weighed in at 13lbs 1 oz, 23.5 inches long and a 40cm noggin. This doc did not write down the percentages but I think she said those stats put him at around the 20th percentile for all 3, actual age. Maybe a little less for height...regardless he's doing great and the doc was pleased. He was already super tired at the apt from refusing to take his earlier morning nap, so once the doc started examining him, he lost it. By the time the shots went into his little thighs the kid was hysterical. For a few minutes I thought I was going to be hanging out in the doc's office all day because he wouldn't let me put him down and back into his car seat but after a while he relaxed a bit.
After the doc, it was off for his longest car ride and first trip down to U of I for race weekend. He hung out with Andrew while I "ran" the 5K on Friday night and then it was over to the Country Inn & suites for his first hotel stay. He slept great! Saturday morning, Auntie Kristy came to visit us at the hotel while Andrew ran the 10k. We then headed over to campus for his first bar experience at Murphy's. The highlight of that experience was changing his diaper across 2 bar stools (thanks KMMH for the help!) Pretty sure that display was some free birth control for the co-eds.
On Sunday morning, we participated in our first March for Babies walk in Naperville. I got a bit more emotional at the start of the walk than I thought I would thinking about Jack and his early beginning, but it was wonderful to see some many families and healthy and happy little ones walking. Thank you again for ALL of the support for our team - we raised over $1,000 and are looking forward to walking again next year! After the walk, we met the Kuciks for lunch at Jimmy's for Jack's first restaurant experience. Actually he did have lunch in Panera once but it was a much quicker trip and he was asleep the entire time.
After lunch, it was back in the car and down to Mokena to finish the weekend off with Auntie Gretchen's birthday celebration. So, we were pretty non stop for 3 days straight and with the car trips, time spent in the car seat and stroller, sleeping in an unfamiliar place, loud restaurants/bars Jack was a trooper! Way to go, buddy :)
Unfortunately I didn't take any pics at the walk, but we did manage to get a decent family shot in Champaign
After the doc, it was off for his longest car ride and first trip down to U of I for race weekend. He hung out with Andrew while I "ran" the 5K on Friday night and then it was over to the Country Inn & suites for his first hotel stay. He slept great! Saturday morning, Auntie Kristy came to visit us at the hotel while Andrew ran the 10k. We then headed over to campus for his first bar experience at Murphy's. The highlight of that experience was changing his diaper across 2 bar stools (thanks KMMH for the help!) Pretty sure that display was some free birth control for the co-eds.
On Sunday morning, we participated in our first March for Babies walk in Naperville. I got a bit more emotional at the start of the walk than I thought I would thinking about Jack and his early beginning, but it was wonderful to see some many families and healthy and happy little ones walking. Thank you again for ALL of the support for our team - we raised over $1,000 and are looking forward to walking again next year! After the walk, we met the Kuciks for lunch at Jimmy's for Jack's first restaurant experience. Actually he did have lunch in Panera once but it was a much quicker trip and he was asleep the entire time.
After lunch, it was back in the car and down to Mokena to finish the weekend off with Auntie Gretchen's birthday celebration. So, we were pretty non stop for 3 days straight and with the car trips, time spent in the car seat and stroller, sleeping in an unfamiliar place, loud restaurants/bars Jack was a trooper! Way to go, buddy :)
Unfortunately I didn't take any pics at the walk, but we did manage to get a decent family shot in Champaign
No comments:
Post a Comment