Monday, April 2, 2012

Straight Jacket...I mean Swaddle

Last week was a rough one in terms of sleep in the Noble house. Little Jack would take FOREVER to settle down at night, and once alseep I was probably in 5 times a night to put his pacifier in, and then was up to eat in 3 hour stretches. It was not fun to say the least. On Friday night, we were into hour 2 of Jack flailing his arms and legs around in his crib trying to settle down when Andrew had the (brilliant) idea to swaddle him. Seeing how Jack didn't like to be swaddled past 5 weeks old, I can't say I had too much faith in the idea, but I was willing to try anything at that point. So he wrapped him up and the kid immediately went down for the count for the night and slept soundly for 4-5 hour stretches. It was amazing! Come Saturday night I was cautiously optimistic he would let us swaddle him again and sure enough as soon as I wrapped him up and rocked him for 5 mins he was out again. We now have completed 3 wonderful nights of quiet, solid sleep. Last night he only woke up once to eat - praise Jesus! I'm not sure how long we can keep this up (is it appropriate to swaddle him  until his first birthday??) but I am crossing my fingers and toes we can get at least a few more good nights out of it. Heaven help me if I've jinxed us by writing this post.

1 comment:

  1. You swaddle that boy as long as it works!! Remember how I would pin Max into his sleepsack in attempt to keep him in the crib?! Ya gotta do what ya gotta do Sister!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete