This marks my first blog post ever and it's a fun one b/c...I'm pregnant! Andrew and I are so excited to welcome Baby Noble come Feb. 2012!
We found out June 5th while vacationing in Greece. We had just checked into our hotel in Mykonos, but my monthly visitor had NOT checked in yet so I decided to chug some water at lunch and take a test (points for me, I had packed some with us). I waited the 3 minutes and then went in the bathroom to find 2 strong lines indicated I was preggo. I honestly couldn't believe it and could only manage to say "Holy shit!!" Andrew asked "What, it's negative?" Why "holy shit" would make him think it was negative I'll never understand, but then I said "um, no it's positive! I'm pregnant!"
We stood there for a while trying to wrap our heads around it all and finally Andrew says "well I guess we should hug?!" Even though we were trying and were hoping this would be the outcome, neither one of us thought we would be so lucky so fast. We then spent the rest of the day by the pool talking about everything, making plans, and then went out for a nice dinner. Once back at our hotel, Andrew opened a bottle of wine to celebrate. Side note: of course EVERY single hotel we stayed in gave us free booze when we checked in. Free booze Andrew was left to drink by himself :)
Being together in Greece was the perfect way to find out we were going to become a family of three. It was similar to when we got engaged on a cruise - it was just us, no phones to distract us, and allowed us time together to celebrate and have our own little secret for a while :)
I love that you found out in Greece! What an awesome memory!
ReplyDeleteI love this story :) So excited for you both!!!!
ReplyDelete