Jack has had a very busy August so far! A couple birthday parties, Boys' day with his cousins to Santa's Village and the water park, and yesterday we kept the fun going with a trip to the Illinois Railway Museum for a Day Out with Thomas!
Jack had a great time! He especially loved walking up and down the aisles of all the old trains, walking through the cars, and climbing on everything they allowed him to! When it came time for the Thomas ride, I think he may have been expecting more of Thomas and his friends, but he had a great time on the train and especially loved when Thomas would blow his whistle. He also go a big kick out of hearing Thomas talk and thank him for coming out to see him. A couple funnies from the day, not necessarily related to Thomas, but just b/c he's a riot:
- We did not take Madelyn with us. Instead she spent the day with Gma P and Gpa Jim. While dropping her off and explaining to Jack that she wasn't coming with us, I asked "are you going to miss her?" He replied "Mmm hmm...but, I'll be fine."
- When walking around we heard an announcer come on in the background and say that there was a train approaching and not to walk on the tracks. This was for the tracks behind us, announcer was barely audible, we didn't pay any attention to it. That is, Andrew and I didn't pay any attention to it. When we approached another set of tracks a minute later Jack said "we are not supposed to walk on the tracks." Further proof this kid does not miss anything.
- Last night he was on my lap watching a bit of Frozen before bed. I smelled what I thought was Andrew changing the diaper genie and commented on how awful it smelled. Jack said "I tooted." Me: "you tooted just now?" Jack: "I did! I tooted big." I thanked him for his honesty :)
Jack had a great time! He especially loved walking up and down the aisles of all the old trains, walking through the cars, and climbing on everything they allowed him to! When it came time for the Thomas ride, I think he may have been expecting more of Thomas and his friends, but he had a great time on the train and especially loved when Thomas would blow his whistle. He also go a big kick out of hearing Thomas talk and thank him for coming out to see him. A couple funnies from the day, not necessarily related to Thomas, but just b/c he's a riot:
- We did not take Madelyn with us. Instead she spent the day with Gma P and Gpa Jim. While dropping her off and explaining to Jack that she wasn't coming with us, I asked "are you going to miss her?" He replied "Mmm hmm...but, I'll be fine."
- When walking around we heard an announcer come on in the background and say that there was a train approaching and not to walk on the tracks. This was for the tracks behind us, announcer was barely audible, we didn't pay any attention to it. That is, Andrew and I didn't pay any attention to it. When we approached another set of tracks a minute later Jack said "we are not supposed to walk on the tracks." Further proof this kid does not miss anything.
- Last night he was on my lap watching a bit of Frozen before bed. I smelled what I thought was Andrew changing the diaper genie and commented on how awful it smelled. Jack said "I tooted." Me: "you tooted just now?" Jack: "I did! I tooted big." I thanked him for his honesty :)
| All aboard! |
| Thomas blew his whistle! |
No comments:
Post a Comment