Friday, November 15, 2013

Halloween Festivities

We had a lot of fun this Halloween season! We started things off with a trip to Creepy Hallow in Frankfort. It was the first day they opened, and they weren't quite ready for customers yet, but it worked out well for us b/c we were just about the only people there and had free reign over the entire place! Jack loved the pillow jumper and the corn pit.



The next weekend we met the Cubans and Liz at Bengston's. Highlights for Jack included the train ride and the petting zoo (not). Jack got pretty spooked by the goat's "baaaa" that we quickly had to exit the petting zoo and I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon.

train ride:

LOVED Megan's camera

Little D in the pumpkins


our attempt at a pic together :)

again with the camera

love

We carved pumpkins the weekend before Halloween. While I didn't think Jack would be too interested, I did think he would enjoy sticking his hands in the gushy pumpkin guts, but that was not the case. He chose to eat chips and watch Daddy do all the work.

pumpkin guts:





For Halloween, he dressed up as a dinosaur and did so good! I was worried as my first costume attempt of an elephant, did not go over well. He wouldn't go near it and I had to come up with a plan B. Fortunately, I went with a costume that had the hood attached to it, and convinced him that it was his hood/hat that he needed to wear outside to go trick or treating, which we did to! It started out a little rough as we got poured on for the first 10 minutes, but then it cleared up and was perfect for us to hit a few houses. He was very hesitant to go up to doors at first, but eventually got the hang of it and enjoyed ringing the doorbells. Every once and a while he would say "treat" but most of the time he just held out his little basket and waited for candy :) We stopped over at the deZendegui house and Megan and Dylan came with us for a bit. Then it was off to the Stiches for some dinner and more treats.








No comments:

Post a Comment