Jack is cruising right along in the food department and has now tried sweet potatoes, pears, carrots, bananas and peaches. So far I think the carrots and bananas are his faves. Next up will be squash. In the mornings he does a really great job of focusing on his meal and taking nice big bites and quickly finishes his meal without making hardly any mess! The evenings are a different story. It's probably my fault b/c I feed him when I get home from work, which is about when he starts to get loopy due to his "stellar" naps throughout the day, but recently he has started spitting his meal EVERYWHERE. He takes a big bite, looks you in the eye, and "zerberts" said bite all over himself, the high chair, his clothes, the table and whoever is feeding him at the time. I've found that as long as I am not the one taking carrots to the face, it is pretty funny :) Of course we tell him no, and of course that does nothing as he has no idea what no means. Sometimes he can pull it together after a few misbehaving bites, sometimes it requires a break/tag team effort. Here's a pic of the aftermath from last night - this was after he spilled 2 spoonfuls of food all over himself and the floor and spit all over Andrew multiple times. Note the carrots on his eyelashes and up his nose. Crazy kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment