Jack had his first taste of "solid" food this morning with some oatmeal! We were given the green light at his 5 month check up, but I wasn't quite prepared to start him on them yet...and really wasn't this morning, but due to a poop strike in our house (I'll spare my loyal readers the details), the doc's office suggested we give it a whirl. First bite was the expected "what the heck is this?" face, but he allowed me to give him several more "bites." I would say it was a fairly decent attempt and maybe got a total of a spoonful down as most of it he pushed right back out of his mouth. We'll try again tomorrow and hopefully he'll get the hang of it and take a little bit more. Really can't believe he's sitting up and eating from a spoon like a biggie boy - where in the world has the time gone? Sniff.
the aftermath
No comments:
Post a Comment