Lukey J is 6 months old! And, in fact, 1 week away from 7 months old! Time is flying. I cannot believe that we have had Luke for half a year already. And what a 6 months it has been. A few highlights:
- At 6 month check up, he clocked in at 16lbs, 10oz (34th) and 26 3/4in (54th). I am trying to bulk this baby up, but he seems to be doing his own thing and very slowly gaining weight. Doc didn't seem too concerned, and we will continue to watch it. I think once we switch to all formula, he will really start to bulk up. That seems to be what happened with the other 2 as well.
- Speaking of feedings, he is currently eating 4 times a day (7oz bottles when I am not here) and then a 4oz formula snack at 5pm. We started solids just before he hit 6 months. He is a big fan of carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash, and all fruits. Green beans seem to be the only thing he turns his nose up at, but he will still eat them. We've tried a sippy cup a few times and he can do it, but chokes a bit on the water. Just need more practice.
- little dude is CRAWLING! He started getting up on his knees back in mid September, and then started inching himself along just before 6 months. He has been able to get where he wants to go using that method, but within the past week he has started to stay up on his knees to the point where I will officially call him a crawler. Crazy!
- He has his 2 bottom middle teeth that popped in just before turning 6 months. He still continues to gnaw away at his hand or anything that he can get in his mouth, so maybe there are a couple more coming soon.
-I believe this may be the culprit to the sleep issues we've had recently. Little man has had some whopper of bad nights where he is up many many times a night. Or, on the flip side, he has some nights where he takes hours to get to sleep. Both unusual for him and something I pray passes very quickly. I am too old for this no sleep thing!!! I also think he is one of those kids that gets hyped on on meds vs relaxed/sleepy. Most of the nights where it has taken him 2 hours to fall asleep have been nights where I have given him Tylenol or motrin to help with teeth pain just before bed. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. He is taking 2 good naps a day and on a very good day he'll take a short cat nap before 5pm, but that has not happened in quite some time.
- He is the sweetest, most agreeable baby ever. Though I remember saying the say thing about Madelyn at this age and well, that isn't quite the same today...but I think Lukey will stay the path on this one. He always wakes up with a smile, even when I have to wake him early from a nap or in the morning before work. And there are plenty of days where he has shorter naps but he is never crabby about it. Only time he continues to cry is when you lay him down when he is either hungry or tired. He is so good at going along for car rides and drop offs and hangs out to watch his brother and sister do gymnastics or swim.
- He babbles a lot, and has "ba" and "ma" down. "So big" has not happened yet, though everyone is trying that one a lot with him. He has a smile for everyone, and has started to reach a bit towards someone he loves (me :)) to pick him up. He burrows in to your chest when he sees someone he loves smile at him like he just can't take it.
- he loves his sister and brother and watches their EVERY move. The kids will literally run circles around him in the living room, and Luke's little head whips around to follow them the entire time. The bigs also love him so much. They ask about his every morning and have to give him kisses every night before bed. The other night when Luke was having trouble sleeping, I jokingly said to the kids that I thought it was time to give Luke to another family since he was keeping us up at night, and Jack's reaction was priceless. He was so surprised and on the verge of crying at the same time. He doesn't want his baby brother going anywhere, and neither do I :)
We love you so much, Luke, Lukey, Lukey J, Lukers, Babies, Tinker Man!
- At 6 month check up, he clocked in at 16lbs, 10oz (34th) and 26 3/4in (54th). I am trying to bulk this baby up, but he seems to be doing his own thing and very slowly gaining weight. Doc didn't seem too concerned, and we will continue to watch it. I think once we switch to all formula, he will really start to bulk up. That seems to be what happened with the other 2 as well.
- Speaking of feedings, he is currently eating 4 times a day (7oz bottles when I am not here) and then a 4oz formula snack at 5pm. We started solids just before he hit 6 months. He is a big fan of carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash, and all fruits. Green beans seem to be the only thing he turns his nose up at, but he will still eat them. We've tried a sippy cup a few times and he can do it, but chokes a bit on the water. Just need more practice.
- little dude is CRAWLING! He started getting up on his knees back in mid September, and then started inching himself along just before 6 months. He has been able to get where he wants to go using that method, but within the past week he has started to stay up on his knees to the point where I will officially call him a crawler. Crazy!
- He has his 2 bottom middle teeth that popped in just before turning 6 months. He still continues to gnaw away at his hand or anything that he can get in his mouth, so maybe there are a couple more coming soon.
-I believe this may be the culprit to the sleep issues we've had recently. Little man has had some whopper of bad nights where he is up many many times a night. Or, on the flip side, he has some nights where he takes hours to get to sleep. Both unusual for him and something I pray passes very quickly. I am too old for this no sleep thing!!! I also think he is one of those kids that gets hyped on on meds vs relaxed/sleepy. Most of the nights where it has taken him 2 hours to fall asleep have been nights where I have given him Tylenol or motrin to help with teeth pain just before bed. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. He is taking 2 good naps a day and on a very good day he'll take a short cat nap before 5pm, but that has not happened in quite some time.
- He is the sweetest, most agreeable baby ever. Though I remember saying the say thing about Madelyn at this age and well, that isn't quite the same today...but I think Lukey will stay the path on this one. He always wakes up with a smile, even when I have to wake him early from a nap or in the morning before work. And there are plenty of days where he has shorter naps but he is never crabby about it. Only time he continues to cry is when you lay him down when he is either hungry or tired. He is so good at going along for car rides and drop offs and hangs out to watch his brother and sister do gymnastics or swim.
- He babbles a lot, and has "ba" and "ma" down. "So big" has not happened yet, though everyone is trying that one a lot with him. He has a smile for everyone, and has started to reach a bit towards someone he loves (me :)) to pick him up. He burrows in to your chest when he sees someone he loves smile at him like he just can't take it.
- he loves his sister and brother and watches their EVERY move. The kids will literally run circles around him in the living room, and Luke's little head whips around to follow them the entire time. The bigs also love him so much. They ask about his every morning and have to give him kisses every night before bed. The other night when Luke was having trouble sleeping, I jokingly said to the kids that I thought it was time to give Luke to another family since he was keeping us up at night, and Jack's reaction was priceless. He was so surprised and on the verge of crying at the same time. He doesn't want his baby brother going anywhere, and neither do I :)
We love you so much, Luke, Lukey, Lukey J, Lukers, Babies, Tinker Man!
No comments:
Post a Comment