Thursday, March 23, 2017

Locked and Loaded

Just got back from my 36 week appointment, and my head is still spinning a bit!

Major takeaways are as follows:

1. Baby is closer to head down!! At my last appointment at 32 weeks, baby was transverse. I could feel the head on my upper right side all the time. But the past couple of days, I wasn't able to and thought maybe this little one was headed in the right direction (get it?) I did NOT want a c-section, so this is great news!

2. I could have gotten 1 more progesterone shot, but doc said it was fine to stop now so I am dunzo!

3. She checked me and said I am dilated 1 cm but that my cervix is "very, very soft." She then dropped the bomb that she "expects me to go some time next week." Whaaaaaaaaa?! I literally yelled back at her "NOO?!" I think she was a bit surprised by my reaction and then said "yes, it is quite possible."

We will obviously just see how this all shakes out, but in any case it just gets us to make sure we are locked and loaded at home and mentally ready to welcome this new nugget! I feel that we are mostly there, but I do need to finish up stuff for my hospital bag, car seat needs to be put in, pack n play put up...minor things. Eeek! Can't believe we are so close!

Earlier in the week, we went to Key Lime Cove in Gurnee...it was good and the kids were great and had a lot of fun. Even though I didn't do much physically at all, I was exhausted the entire time. But now that I know my body is getting ready for baby, I'll use that as my excuse :)

I managed to take a 36 week pic while we were there. I have had some anxious thoughts about my belly size bc of all the comments I get about how "small my belly is, especially for a third baby" but Andrew reassured me I look the same, if not bigger, than with the other 2. Judging on the below comparison, he is clearly correct. There is nothing small about this bump!

37 weeks Mads


36 weeks BN3

No comments:

Post a Comment