Here we are at week 36 - don't know what size fruit he would be this week or how much he should weigh, because none of that matters since he came HOME today! After 12 full days in NICU Jack was discharged today and we couldn't be happier! It was a very long day - we got there at 10:30am and finally got home around 5:30pm tonight. It was a mix of emotions walking out of there today. I was so excited, nervous, proud and scared all rolled into one. We are so very thankful for all of the nurses and doctors that took such wonderful care of Jack over the past 2 weeks and a part of me (a very small part) will miss all of the smiling faces and helpful and encouraging conversations. We really lucked out working with such a great hospital.
Jack is doing great! He now weighs 5lbs 6oz (1 ounce over his birth weight) and is getting cuter and cuter by the minute, which I didn't think was possible. He is awake for longer stretches at a time and when he is, his eyes are more focused and alert. I've caught him staring at me a few times and the feeling it gives me warms my heart in a way I never knew was possible. He still loves holding hands during feedings, diaper changes and the dreaded bath time and he's also found his thumb successfully a few times. He's doing a great job eating and for such a little peanut he has some pretty loud and hilarious burps. To say that we are so happy to have him home is the second biggest understatement of the century, and we can't wait to see how he continues to change and grow right before our eyes!
Here are a few pics of Jack's Homecoming!
Jack is doing great! He now weighs 5lbs 6oz (1 ounce over his birth weight) and is getting cuter and cuter by the minute, which I didn't think was possible. He is awake for longer stretches at a time and when he is, his eyes are more focused and alert. I've caught him staring at me a few times and the feeling it gives me warms my heart in a way I never knew was possible. He still loves holding hands during feedings, diaper changes and the dreaded bath time and he's also found his thumb successfully a few times. He's doing a great job eating and for such a little peanut he has some pretty loud and hilarious burps. To say that we are so happy to have him home is the second biggest understatement of the century, and we can't wait to see how he continues to change and grow right before our eyes!
Here are a few pics of Jack's Homecoming!
Last picture in the hospital
After his first car ride
HOME!
Hanging with Daddy
And Mommy
Just for fun, week 35 - where's the baby?!






Yay yay yay yay!! I hope you are enjoying every second of having him home. I'm just wondering when these updates are going to stop making me cry...
ReplyDeleteThat 35 week picture is hysterical!
Looks like I have a return to make already. :)
I love these pictures! He is soo cute!
ReplyDelete