Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cover Blown

I have been doing a good job of making my pre-pregnancy wardrobe work for my M-F needs. I'm talking tops here - pants I surrended to elastic waistbands weeks ago. However, over the past week this task has become increasingly difficult as the items that fall into the "make it work" category have become fewer and fewer right before my eyes. So this morning after somewhat comically trying to force myself into 3 different too small shirts, I gave up and put on my first maternity work shirt. I felt very exposed like "hey look at me, I'm preggers" and wouldn't you know it, my co-workers have been all over it. At least 3 of the ladies have stopped to say "oh, is that a maternity shirt?!" 2 have come by my office just to see how I'm feeling and I encountered another in the bathroom that said "I'm not surprised to see you here!" I told one of them I felt like a house today and her response was "You feel like a house b/c you are home to a new life." Well played, Marie :)

Obviously I'm by no means trying to hide the fact that I'm pregnant, it's just very strange to me to be finally showcasing it. I suppose I should just get used to it as it's only going to become more apparent in the months ahead.

2 comments: